Summer is here and the families are generally enjoying the vacations by travelling, having get together, attending family occasions and weddings. Children are sent off to summer camps to learn new hobbies, make friends and generally have fun before the school grind begins in June.
During summers because of the extreme heat and occasional humidity adults and children alike suffer from and are prone to certain ailments.
Headaches, high temperatures, diarrheas, vomitings, giddiness, nausea, dry coughs, persistent watery discharges from the noses, cramps etc. are some ailments that occur after being exposed to the heat of the sun or after overeating oily, spicy foods, cold foods and drinks at social functions, or being dehydrated when there is a lot of travelling involved with poor or low intake of water and fluids.
Children and infants are more prone to summer ailments as they can easily get dehydrated because of excessive vomiting and if they have loose motions.
Certain precautions need to be taken to prevent summer ailments.They are
• Always see that you are well covered before you go out in the hot sun. Use umbrellas, hats and caps to protect your head from direct exposure to the hot sun.
• Use sun screen lotions to prevent sunburn and dryness of the exposed parts of your skin. Use chapsticks and lip balms to prevent dryness of the lips.
• Always carry water and keep sipping water to prevent dehydration caused by excessive sweating.
• Avoid eating spicy, greasy, heavy foods. Have plenty of yoghurt, buttermilk at the end of each meal.
• Drink plenty of buttermilk, coconut water, water, juices to replenish the body fluids lost by sweating. Do not drink cold drinks right after you enter the house after being in the sun, wait for a few minutes to let the body adjust to the cooler interior temperature and then slowly sip the cool drink.
• Do not go out directly into the sun from an airconditioned or cool interior. Step out into a cool, shady place outside, wait for a few minutes and then start walking in the sun.
• Have plenty of water loaded fruits like watermelon, musk melons, and papayas, they not only give you low calories but provide fluids and nutrients. Have other fruits like Kiwis, oranges, bananas regularly.
• Avoid eating out at eateries that are unhygienic and those that use “suspect” cooking materials and allow patrons to use dirty cutlery.
• Some common Homeopathic summer remedies are:
• Glonoine: Indicated especially when there headaches caused by being exposed to sun. Headaches begin in the morning with the rising sun and wane in the evenings when the intensity of the heat goes down. Headache throbbing in nature and increases in intensity if the room or surroundings are hot. There is dizzyiness on attempting to stand. Dullness and confusion is marked.
• Antim Crud: Headaches are always associated with a disordered stomach like acidity, and belching. There is a craving for citric and acidic drinks. Headaches more towards the evening with nausea. Pain in the head felt predominantly on top of the head. Headaches are occasionally accompanied with nosebleeds.
• Natrum Carb: Headaches are periodic- they return every summer. Whenever there is a headache, sensitivity to noise is marked and desire to be in a dark room which helps relieve the headache a little is noticed. Headache is almost always accompanied with vertigo and a sense that the head has “enlarged” or has become “big”.
• Sanguinaria: Headaches mostly right-sided begin from the nape of the neck and spread upwards and the pain settles over the right eye. Veins of the head and neck are distended. The pains are relieved by lying down and sleeping. Pains are felt in the back of the head and occur suddenly like a flash.
• Depending on the modalities, other homeopathic remedies which are indicated for summer ailments are Gelsemium, Bryonia, Podophylum, Natrum Mur etc.
Street No:11 (Near the Telecom Nagar Park Gate),
Telecom Nagar, Gachibowli,
Dr. Nanduri’s homeopathic clinic is the best homeopathy clinic in gachibowli that provides efficient homeopathic treatment and patient care.
Plot No. 4-A, Street Number 11, Beside Prasad Motors, Sri Shyam Nagar, Telecom Nagar, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
- +91 99890 57925